The "canvas" top is actually molded on to the truck box which itself is seperate from the truck bed. Actually I
like the top as it has the texture of fabric and alot of small folds and such that make it look quite real (and i can set
the truck upside down to work on it! LOL!). I did a windshield but did not like how it came out. Plastic windshields
do not last long and have a tendency to scratch and cloud over time.
To prep it I washed it in dish detergent in my bathtub and let it airdry. If you use
cloth to dry it you can leave bits of fabric on it that will show up later when you paint it. I used Tamiya dark
yellow, red brown, dark green for the outer paint. ModelMaster Africa Mustard for the "cloth" top and modern Desert Sand for
the interior. It was primed with Krylon plastic primer after it was washed and dry. Dullcoated later. The detail
wash was with simple waterbased ceramic paint black and burnt umber. Those are the original kit wheels with a black/brown
wash put in the "spoke" openings while they lay flat on the table and let dry. The wheels are not so bad, a bit thin
but not bad.
Its an easy fix on the bowing behind the cab if your using the whole cargobox/cover
like I am. My cargo box is screwed onto the bed. You can slip a small block of wood behind the cab as a wedge between
the cab and box.